Friday, February 02, 2007

Ciao Denise

It is a dark day for me, and I assume many of us AAI and Layla House parents. Denise is no longer in Ethiopia, but back in the US in Portland.

My daily obsession of checking for updates, hoping to hear a word about Marta or Meklit at first, and my not so obsessive looking for stories about the kids I know and love who are still there will now sadly come to an end. Maybe like a favorite book I will go back and reread it all one more time.

If you don't know what I am talking about, Denise Baker was a volunteer at Layla House since last June, and wrote a blog about her experiences. Go here to check out The Last Post. Her words were a lifeline for Lisa and I during our wait.

Thank you again Denise for loving our daughters and so many other children over that past 8 months. I know they love you as deeply as you love them, and we appreciate every moment of your efforts. There is always room for you in our home. Ciao...

No comments: